Wednesday, October 19, 2016

​ Retour a la Maison

​Firstly don't be fooled by my French title I used Google Translator.
I left the UK on 11th September, with my little French family, in blazing sunshine and returned on 17th October to falling leaves and a chill in the air.
My mission was to see as much as was possible whilst I was in France. We together and me on my own discovered some stunning places, far too many to show all in one go here on my blog. So over the next few weeks I shall share them with you in bite size pieces.
I have to start with the most amazing Chateau I visited whilst staying in the Loire Valley. There was so much to see that I even have to show you this in bite size pieces so let's start with:

​Chenonceau Chateau The Gardens

​Chenonceau Chateau The Gardens

The most stunning and interesting historic building I have ever visited!
I usually spend little time in such places as it all becomes much of a muchness after a while. This place however has style in buckets and the guide brochure was brilliantly presented showing everything in order of viewing with interesting info at each step.

​Chenonceau Chateau The Gardens

The minute you set foot in the gardens you are taken to another era. The streams that ran alongside the entrance road had duckweed on the surfaces which made them look like carpets in the most vivid green. 
​Chenonceau Chateau The Gardens

​Chenonceau Chateau The Gardens

​Chenonceau Chateau The Gardens

​Chenonceau Chateau The Gardens

​Chenonceau Chateau The Gardens

I loved that my favourite garden was called Diane's Garden. Named after Diane de Poitiers who was donated the Chateau by Henry I because she was his favourite lady being beautiful, intelligent and having a great sense of business. Nice we have the same name.

No comments: